In a nutshell, Nathalie Vijver School of Drama offers the following:
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (LAMDA) Examinations
- Drama Eisteddfods
- Show Work & Performances (Artscape Theatre, Masque Theatre, Grahamstown National Arts Festival)
- Coaching for auditions/castings – Television, Film & Stage
- Confidence Building
- Private Drama coaching for school practical exams
London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) Examinations:
NV Drama School has been taking part in the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA)Examinations since 2006.
LAMDA was founded in 1861 and is one of the oldest drama schools in the United Kingdom. It quickly established itself as a centre of excellence in performance training. LAMDA has provided theatre and the world of film and television with generation upon generation of first-class actors across the world.
LAMDA Examinations has a reputation for excellence across the globe. Their mission is to:
- Improve standards in communication through spoken word.
- Foster an appreciation of literature, poetry and drama.
- Acknowledge levels of achievement.
- Support the creative, intellectual and social development of the individual as a whole.
Preparation for an examination:
- Unlock imagination and creative thinking
- Develop communication skills
- Refine technical skills and artistry
- Promote team-work
Examinations themselves provide learners with an opportunity to:
- Measure progress against an international standard.
- Make contact with expert practitioner assessors outside the immediate teaching environment.
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Acquire skill certification for career development.
- Receive critical appraisal and guidance for future development.
• The range of examination options supports progression and allows the learner to extend personal and vocational skills as well as realising their potential.
• NV Drama School offers the following examinations – Acting exams (group and solo), Prose and Poetry, Mime, Devising and Musical Theatre Drama.
• In 2009 – Bronze Group Acting exam received 100%
• In 2011 – 90% of school received Distinction, (above 80%). The top student was awarded 95% and 10% of students received between 75%-80%.
• 2012 Results – 73% of students received Distinctions. Group Devised Performance received 88%
• 2013 Results – 85% of students were awarded Distinction (80% and above) Highest achievers in Cape Town for Level 2 Acting and Grade 6 Musical Theatre exams
• In 2014 NV School of Drama was registered as a Private Examination centre with LAMDA Examinations.